Wednesday, June 4, 2008

There can be only one... (not)

At least I'm not alone. Another guy had more or less the same idea that I had, and around the same time. Clearly this is an indicator that video editing in Linux *DOES* have a problem. His project blog is at http://myvideoeditor.blogspot.com/

Alas, it seems he chose another path (he's going to use GStreamer and Python). Why, oh, why??? I really don't know if he'll succeed, but I asked him to join forces. Sigh, if only we had managed to get in touch earlier. Jonathan claims that C++ is a monster hard to debug. Well, not if you use the latest GDB and Code::Blocks. Programming C++ with Code::Blocks is a breeze ;-)

Luke er Jonathan... JOIN ME, and we shall rule the galaxy together! Well, more or less :P

1 comment:

Jonathan Thomas said...

Rick, I don't recall getting an email from you, but regardless I appreciate the thought. It sounds like you will be using C++ on Saya. I'm not sure how much help I could be, but please stay in touch. I will be following your progress. =)

By the way, I'm the same Jonathan that runs the myvideoeditor.blogspot.com blog.

Thanks,
-Jonathan